Getting to Auckland City
Waldorf Apartments do not provide airport transfers from Auckland Airport, but we do recommend the following options for traveling from Auckland Airport to Auckland CBD. Allow up to 60mins during peak times.
Auckland Co-Op Taxis - Offer a reliable, high-quality taxi service from outside Auckland Domestic and International Airport Terminals. Expect to pay $70-80.
Skybus - Regular bus service from Auckland Airport to Auckland CBD for just $18 per person.
Super Shuttle - Share a 12 seater van, or book it privately. Prices vary - 4 passengers in a shared van around $60.
Getting Around Auckland City
Waldorf Apartments are pleased to recommend Omega Rental Cars Auckland for your hire car needs when staying at any of our properties. Omega has 11 branches nationwide, including their City Depot in Beach Rd conveniently close to all of our Auckland CBD locations. If you are flying in you can pick up a car on arrival from Omega Auckland Airport.
Why book with Omega
- Everyday low rates on hire cars of all types and sizes
- 24hr AA Roadservice – support in the unlikely event of a breakdown
- Unbranded vehicles for added security – no rental car logos/identification
- Unlimited km rates and 11 branches nationwide
- Omega Travel App for smart phones
- Cheapest insurance waiver rates in New Zealand
Cycling in Auckland City
- Close to our Britomart accommodations, the Beach Rd Cycleway connects to the Auckland Waterfront Cycleway and Westhaven Promenade to Auckland Harbour Bridge, the Grafton Gulley Cycleway and the world famous Pink Light Path: Te Ara I Whiti. These cycleways also connect to the expanding network of Auckland Cycleways
- Waldorf Stadium has Cruiser Bikes available for hire, ideal for the Waterfront Cycleway, otherwise, bikes can be hired from Next Bike with locations at Queens Wharf and North Wharf on Auckland's Waterfront.
To find out more about leisure cycling in Auckland, please visit Auckland Transports website cycling page: at.govt.nz/cycling-walking
Download Auckland City Cycle Map
Daily Ferry Services depart from the Downtown Ferry Terminal, close to Britomart Transport Centre, to Waiheke Island, Rangitoto (volcanic) Island, Devonport, Hobsonville, Rakino Island, Gulf Harbour, and more!
Check out Auckland Transports recommendations on Ferry Destinations to discover hidden treasures of Auckland Harbour.
Please be aware that most parking within Auckland City must be paid for. Be sure to check signs near parks for parking times. The AT Park app offers app based payment and information, or use Pay-and-display machines that take coins, credit cards or txt-a-park for street parking. Auckland Transport (AT) operated parking buildings offer the best value for money ($3 per hour), with private parking buildings such as Wilson Parking charge up to $16 per hour.
For specific information on parking at our apartment hotels, please see individual information pages under the 'Apartment Hotels' menu.
The innerLink bus is your best way to get around the inner city areas of Auckland CBD and outer suburbs: Parnell, Newmarket, Grafton, Ponsonby, K' Rrd, Victoria Park, SkyCity, Queen St and Britomart.
Alternatively, Britomart Transport Centre , Auckland City's public transport hub is located at the harbour end of Queen St and provides access to all Bus, Train and Ferry routes connecting the cities outer suburbs.
Visit Auckland Transport's Journey Planner to figure out the best way to get around.
Wheather it is getting to-and-from Auckland Airport, or getting around Auckland City, we recommend Auckland Co-Op's Blue Bubble Taxis.
Their vehicles are all of a top standard, and they offer a safe, comfortable journey at competitive rates.
Offering Cars, Taxis and Full Mobility Vehicles, they're Taxis all accept credit card and EFTPOS payments, and can even be booked via their Blue Bubble App
Book online at www.bluebubbletaxi.co.nz or phone 09-300-3000 or hail one of their white vehicles - just look for the blue bubble!