Our self-contained apartments are located in the Central Business District of Auckland, close to some of Auckland's major commercial buildings, retail and restaurant outlets in Chancery Square, Vulcan Lane, High Street and Queen Street.
The top nearby tourist attractions to Waldorf Bankside are:
- Fort St - Great restaurants, bars and shopping can be found on and around Fort St - A real hot spot at night
- High St - Wander up High Street and down its arterial lanes for shopping, cafes, galleries and public spaces
- Queen St - Auckland CBD's main street, Queen Street is home to flagship stores, theatre, restaurants and other delights
- Britomart - Home to world-class dining and hip bars, Britomart is a MUST for any trip to Auckland
- Auckland Waterfront - Walk along Auckland's waterfront and you'll fall in love with our gorgeous city
- Wynyard Quarter - Ex-industrial wharf area, Wynyard Quarter is now home to great waterside eateries and outdoor events like Silo Cinema and Silo Markets
- Skytower - Enjoy expansive 360-degree views with a trip up the Skytower, one of Aucklands top attractions. Pro-tip for the budget conscious: A walk up Mount Eden's volcanic cone also enjoys wonderful views.
Getting Around Auckland City from Waldorf Bankside...
The inner Link bus is your best way to get around the inner city areas of Auckland CBD and outer suburbs: Parnell, Newmarket, Grafton, Ponsonby, K' Rrd, Victoria Park, SkyCity, Queen St and Britomart. Catch the inner link bus from Britomart Transport Centre, Auckland City's public transport hub, 650m away at the harbour end of Queen St.
Visit at.govt.nz to plan your journey, or download the official auckland transport app AT Mobile for android & ios
Whether it is getting to-and-from Auckland Airport, or getting around Auckland City, we recommend Auckland Co-Op's Blue Bubble Taxis. Their vehicles are all of a top standard, and they offer a safe, comfortable journey at competitive rates.
Book online, phone 09-300-3000 or hail one of their white vehicles - just look for the blue bubble!
Located close to Waldorf Bankside is Omega Rental Cars who offer a range of quality rental vehicles at competitive prices, as well as an Auckland Airport Depot.
Book online at www.omegarentalcars.com or visit them at 75 beach rd.
Most parking within Auckland City must be paid for. Be sure to check signs near parks for parking times. on-street parking Pay-and-display machines take coins, credit cards or txt-a-park.
Auckland Transport (AT) operated parking buildings offer the best value for money ($3 per hour), with private parking buildings such as Wilson Parking charge up to $16 per hour.
Auckland City is in the throes of a cycling revolution! Previously rather inaccessible for cyclists, cycling in Auckland City has become a major attraction for locals as well as tourists, for travel and leisure!
Hire a bike from Hire Bikes at 95 Beach Rd, Next Bike at Queens Whart or pick up an Onzo Bike from around the city via Android or iOS app.
Great Auckland City rides:
Auckland waterfront shared path.
Beach Rd cycleway.
Grafton Gully cycleway.
Lightpath and the Nelson St cycleway.
Quay St cycleway.