Waldorf St Martins is located in Grafton / Uptown Auckland CBD, our accommodation is near to Auckland Universities, Auckland Hospital and Starship Children's Hospital, Auckland Domain & Museum, K’ Rd, Newmarket & Parnell.
Although located on the outer edges of Auckland CBD, our guests do stay with us due to our close proximity to all city attractions - for both leisure, and business.
Getting around Auckland City from Waldorf St Martins...
The inner Link bus is your best way to get around the inner city areas of Auckland CBD and outer suburbs: Parnell, Newmarket, Grafton, Ponsonby, K' Rd, Victoria Park, SkyCity, Queen St and Britomart. Catch the inner link bus from Karangahape Road, 200m from Waldorf St Martins.
To catch all other buses and trains, head to Britomart Transport Centre, Auckland City's public transport hub, at the harbour end of Queen St
Visit at.govt.nz to plan your journey, or download the official Auckland Transport app AT Mobile for android & ios
Whether it is getting to-and-from Auckland Airport, or getting around Auckland City, we recommend Auckland Co-Op's Blue Bubble Taxis. Their vehicles are all of a top standard, and they offer a safe, comfortable journey at competitive rates.
Book online, phone 09-300-3000 or hail one of their white vehicles - just look for the blue bubble!
Located close to Waldorf St Martins on Beach Rd are a number of car hire companies. We recommend Omega Rental Cars who offer a range of quality rental vehicles at competitive prices, as well as Auckland Airport depot.
Book online at www.omegarentalcars.com or visit them at 75 beach rd.
Most parking within Auckland City must be paid for. Be sure to check signs near parks for parking times. on-street parking Pay-and-display machines take coins, credit cards or txt-a-park.
Auckland Transport (AT) operated parking buildings offer the best value for money ($3 per hour), with private parking buildings such as Wilson Parking charge up to $16 per hour.
Auckland City is in the throes of a cycling revolution! Previously rather inaccessible for cyclists, cycling in Auckland City has become a major attraction for locals as well as tourists, for travel and leisure!
Hire an Onzo Bike via Android or iOS app or hire a bike from T Whites Bikes.
Great Auckland City rides:
Here’s our suggested itinerary for your stay
- Aotea Centre - Conference, Events & Theatre Venue 1km
- Auckland Museum - 1.9km
- Auckland University - 800m
- AUT University - 700m
- Britomart Entertainment Precinct - Bars, Restaurants & Shopping - 1.8km
- Britomart Transportation Centre - Auckland CBD public transport hub - 1.7km
- La Cigale Market Parnell - French Bistro/Cafe & Weekend Markets 2.4km
- Mission Bay - Beach, Seaside Park, Restaurants & Cafes 8km
- North Wharf - Restaurants, Bars & Cafes by the sea 2.6km
- Queens Wharf - Pop-up restaurants, sea-side seating, events centres & cruise ship terminal 1.9km
- Queen St - Shopping 1km
- Shed 10 - Events centre & cruise ship terminal 1.9km
- Silo Park - Reclaimed public space with childrens playground for pop-up events such as markets, fairs, outdoor cinema & concerts 2.9km
- Skycity Convention Centre 1.3km
- Sky Tower - 1.2km
- Spark arena - Aucklands largest indoor concert venue 1.7km
- Viaduct Events Centre 2.5km
- Victoria Park - Central public park & historic markets with restaurants, bars & cafes 1.9km
- Waiheke Island - Vineyards, Beaches and Galleries - 1.8km to Downtown Ferry Terminal
- Wynyard Quarter - North Wharf & Silo Park 2.6km