Waldorf Stadium Apartment Hotel is located at 40 Beach Rd, in downtown Auckland City. Our location is ideal for travellers who want to experience the major attractions of Auckland CBD & beyond - Britomart Entertainment & Transportation Hub, Spark Arena, Auckland Waterfront, Queen Street, Princess Wharf & Wynyard Quarter are all within easy walking distance from Waldorf Stadium Apartment Hotel.
Directly outside the hotel are innerLink Bus Stops providing regular trips to Victoria Park, Ponsonby Rd, K' Rd, Newmarket & Parnell.
If you want to explore or navigate the city by bicycle, the Beach Rd Cycleway
runs past our building and links to an ever-growing network of the Auckland Cycle Network
As we are in the central city, there are loads of great attractions in Auckland within a short distance.
The top nearby attractions to Waldorf Stadium are:
- Spark Arena - Concert Venue
- Britomart - Shopping, Entertainment & Business precinct
- Britomart Transport Centre - Buses and train hub
- Auckland Waterfront - Public spaces, bars & restaurants, Princes Wharf, Auckland Viaduct, Auckland Ferry Terminal, Auckland Cruiseship Terminal, North Wharf, Wynyard Quarter, Silo Park, Westhaven Marina, Mission Bay
Getting Around Auckland City...
The inner Link bus is your best way to get around the inner city areas of Auckland CBD and outer suburbs: Parnell, Newmarket, Grafton, Ponsonby, K' Rrd, Victoria Park, SkyCity, Queen St and Britomart. Catch the inner link bus from outside Waldorf Stadium - turn left out of the lobby
To catch all other buses and trains, head to Britomart Transport Centre, Auckland City's public transport hub, just 550m away (7 mins walk) at the harbour end of Queen St. turn right out of the lobby and follow signs to britomart
Visit at.govt.nz to plan your journey, or download the official auckland transport app AT Mobile for android & ios
Whether it is getting to-and-from Auckland Airport, or getting around Auckland City, we recommend Auckland Co-Op's Blue Bubble Taxis. Their vehicles are all of a top standard, and they offer a safe, comfortable journey at competitive rates.
Book online, phone 09-300-3000 or hail one of their white vehicles - just look for the blue bubble!
Located just across the road from Waldorf Stadium, we recommend Omega Rental Cars who offer a range of quality rental vehicles at competitive prices.
Book online at www.omegarentalcars.com or visit them at 75 beach rd.
Most parking within Auckland City must be paid for. Be sure to check signs near parks for parking times. on-street parking Pay-and-display machines take coins, credit cards or txt-a-park.
Auckland Transport (AT) operated parking buildings offer the best value for money ($3 per hour), with private parking buildings such as Wilson Parking charge up to $16 per hour.
Auckland City is in the throes of a cycling revolution! Previously rather inaccessible for cyclists, cycling in Auckland City has become a major attraction for locals as well as tourists, for travel and leisure!
Hire our waterfront cruiser bikes and cycle the auckland waterfront cycleway from auckland harbour bridge to mission bay beach - available to hire for $10 per hour - see reception to book - hire an Onzo Bike via Android or iOS app
Great Auckland City rides:
Auckland waterfront shared path.
Beach Rd cycleway.
Grafton Gully cycleway.
Lightpath and the Nelson St cycleway.
Quay St cycleway.
Here’s our suggested itinerary for your stay in Auckland.
- Aotea Centre - Conference, Events & Theatre Venue 1.6km
- Auckland Museum - 2.6km
- Auckland University - 1.3km
- AUT University - 1.4km
- Britomart Entertainment Precinct - Bars, Restaurants & Shopping - 500m
- Britomart Transportation Centre - Auckland CBD public transport hub - 800m
- La Cigale Market - French Bistro/Cafe & Weekend Markets 1.4km
- Mission Bay - Beach, Seaside Park, Restaurants & Cafes 6.7km
- North Wharf - Restaurants, Bars & Cafes by the sea 1.9km
- Queens Wharf - Pop-up restaurants, sea-side seating, events centres & cruise ship terminal 900m
- Queen St - Shopping 1.3km
- Shed 10 - Events centre & cruise ship terminal 900m
- Silo Park - Reclaimed public space with childrens playground for pop-up events such as markets, fairs, outdoor cinema & concerts 2km
- Skycity Convention Centre 1.5km
- Sky Tower - 1.4km
- Spark arena - Aucklands largest indoor concert venue 250m
- Viaduct Events Centre 1.9km
- Victoria Park - Central public park & historic markets with restaurants, bars & cafes 2.1km
- Waiheke Island - Vineyards, Beaches and Galleries - 850m to Downtown Ferry Terminal
- Wynyard Quarter - North Wharf & Silo Park 2km